Developers, entrepreneurs, data specialists, early adopters, end users and everybody else interested in building digital democracy together, join us for the first nervousnet Hackathon!
Help us develop:
- An interactive platform for individuals to unfold your skills and talents
- Privacy-preserving and security mechanisms for data sharing
- Engaging gamifying applications
- Ethical, discrimination-free data analytics
- New ways of integrating cutting-edge IoT networks like LoRaWAN
The Hackathon provides at least three opportunities for participation:
- Topic – Design and Development of the nervousnet Backend: Here you find opportunities like e.g. to extend the API of the local analytics engine, implement communication security or integrate web views and an application store.
- Topic – Design and Development of nervousnet apps: Here you can build your own data-driven applications. Some examples: earthquake detection, localization and navigation, ambient assisting living, smart homes, IoT games and more. There will be new LoRa sensor nodes to play with!
- Topic – The nervousnet Privacy / Accuracy Challenge: Come up with your own data summarization algorithm that guarantees the highest privacy protection level and at the same time performs accurate data analytics.
Find more information about nervousnet and the ideas behind the network in a recent article in Nature.
During the Hackathon, we are going to provide you with food, drinks and – for the ones not haunted by insomnia – a chillout lounge.
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (D-GESS)
Professorship of Computational Social Science (COSS)